What are the ‘Actual’ Excel Skill levels of your Staff
or Job Candidates ?
‘Free ‘Self Correcting’ Excel Testing Workbook.
Can your team or potential job candidates complete practical ‘real Life’ Excel tasks correctly and safely ? How long is it taking them to complete these Excel tasks? Maybe you realize that those multiple choice type Excel Tests are ineffective and just don’t reveal a person’s actual Excel abilities or lack off.
We have designed a Free to Download ‘Excel Testing Workbook ‘ which reveals the true story, the ‘real’ existing skill levels in terms of knowledge and also timing. Our unique Workbook requires your employees or job candidates complete 12 ‘Real life’ practical Excel tasks on an actual Microsoft Excel workbook.
The Workbook Checks Not only if they can Complete these Tasks but it also Benchmarks How Long it is Taking Them.
The workbook times them as they complete the tasks and auto-corrects their solutions , producing a personalized report showing their
- Efficiency Rating.
- Excel Skill Grading
- Highlights the areas they are weak in.
How we Selected the Question Tasks & Benchmarked the Timings.
We have 10 years of Excel Training Data to assist us. Since 2013, our online Excel Course system has served tens of thousands of lessons, replayed lessons , online exams and repeat exams to thousands of students and companies all over the world.
Using this online data and feedback from various industries together with our trainers experiences, we created a bank of practical question tasks that reflect the use of Excel in the real life office environment. And from our extensive Excel exam data results, how quickly these tasks can and should be completed.
Please note that marks assigned to tasks are weighted relative to their importance as is the time taken to complete them.
So whether you are
- Reviewing your own or your Team’s Excel skill Levels.
- Trying to avoid bad hires. Hiring people who need to have competent Excel skills.
- Planning an Excel training course.
our ‘Testing Excel Skills Workbook’ will give you the real insight into their actual Excel skills within 20 minutes.
How to use?
You will need a minimum of 20 Minutes to complete this free Microsoft Excel proficiency skills assessment. You can skip a question by typing s into the skip box beside each question. Skipping will incur a time fault.
The skills rating will show a rating for your beginners level standard and an intermediate level standard. The Excel Testing workbook contains NO macros, so it’s safe to download and works on all versions of Microsoft Excel from 2007 to Excel 365. The workbook is Free to download for you , your employees or your job candidates. It’s an essential free professional development tool for your staff.
Sample Questions from the Question Bank
Your employees or job candidates will need to find solutions to the following practical Excel tasks in a quick , safe and efficient manner.
- The budget spreadsheet has columns of data that need to add together and averaged. Also you need to calculate the percentage of each expenditure in relation to total expenditure.
- The Sales spreadsheet lists the sales records of our 150 salespeople. You need to calculate the commission payable to each salesperson and then convert these commissions into Dollars based on an exchange rate provided in a cell reference.
- There are 20,000+ records in the Orders Spreadsheet, you need to perform a treble sort on it.
- The Marketing Manager needs you to build a report showing customers who have bought certain products , yielding a specific profit margin and quantity ordered using the Filter tool.
- Salespeople who reach a certain target are to get an extra bonus. You need to calculate, using an IF function who is entitled to the extra payment and then work out the correct payments now due to all our 150 sales people.
- To many errors are occurring when staff are inputting data into our spreadsheets. We need you to create some a drop- down list and only allow certain numeric values to be allowed into certain cells.
- Our Accounts team want you to update the accounts worksheets so that customers who have paid all their fees are automatically highlighted in a blue colour and those customers who are 30 days overdue are automatically highlighted in red.
- Employees have new starting and ending times, we need you to calculate the total hours and minutes worked by each employee.
Why improve your Excel Skills or those of your team.
Studies have shown that been able to use Excel efficiently can save you up to 30 minutes a day , that’s up to 15 working days saved per year
You can Download your Free copy of the Excel Efficiency Skills Test by
Right Clicking Here and choose ‘save link as’.